Thursday, November 26, 2009

Halloween Revisited


Since I have been so behind with my blogging I am now taking the chance to catch up, starting with one of the best Halloween's ever!

The weather was warm for by our October standards and the snow hadn't fallen yet so the kids were able to trick or treat for hours. I sewed like  a mad person right up until the last minute, but I was able to make my youngest his Max from "Where the Wild Things Are" costume, and my neighbours satin lined velvet cloak for her Cruella Deville costume ( she will use it again next year for her Little Red Riding Hood costume after removing the hideous fake fur trim) and I even made the hat for my 1800's-ish costume, but when it came to sewing my husbands matching 1800's-ish costume I failed miserably.

We had two hours left before we were all supposed to be going to the party and I knew then I wouldn't make it. I was almost finished with his wool jacket but there would be no time for pants...the man needs pants! So I remembered we had a costume rental store here locally and amazingly enough they had the perfect costume and the night was saved.

Later my husband said "No offence babe, but can we just rent costumes every year from now on?" I said "Absolutely!"

Halloween night 012

Halloween night 017

Halloween and rabbit cage 094 

Halloween and rabbit cage 091

These are some of the decorations this year. It was nice of the spooky fog to arrive for my picture taking!

Halloween and rabbit cage 012 

That's "Stevie" as the kids affectionately named him, peeking around the corner. We were actually a little sad to pack him away this year because he was a great greeter when we would come home.

Halloween and rabbit cage 003

Halloween and rabbit cage 005 
Happy belated Halloween!
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment