Wednesday, April 28, 2010

An Unexpected Journey

I think it was a little over a year ago when I stumbled upon an eye catching blog called Little Acorn

Originally, I was drawn to the beautiful crafts and wonderful color combinations displayed throughout, but after a few months of visiting this blog I was unexpectedly taken along on the amazing journey of a couple who were trying to adopt a baby of their own.

I suggest you start reading this blog from the very beginning, September 2007, and don't stop. It's amazing what people can endure when they have so much love in their heart.

 Reading while the events actually took place was very emotional and I was a bit surprised how emotionally involved I became considering that I really don't know these people. Happiness, anger, sadness and joy are only a few of the emotions I felt while reading the events. I found myself checking for updates multiple times a day, being on pins and needles wondering what was going to happen next. I was a big lurker, to chicken to comment on the posts.

 What a gift they gave us all by being so open with their personal experience, including all the ups and the downs and I am certain it will be helpful and comforting other people who are experiencing an adoption journey of their own.

In appreciation for their sharing;
 this was mailed out to one of the most beautiful little girls on our planet!
Adeline Doll and Floppy Intro 009

No comments:

Post a Comment