Thursday, April 15, 2010

Score!

Sutton mail boxes 004 

 
I have always loved the look of these old post office mail boxes but wasn't willing abel to part with the cash it would take to bring one home. 

This one was purchased from an antique store that was going out of business. "Bare wall to bare wall sale" was posted on their advertisement and I knew this might finally be my chance. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time and snatched this baby up for a great price!

It came out of the old Sutton-Chickaloon post office about 55 miles away from here. 
It was very, very heavy! There was the nicest man at the store who helped me get it into my car. I thought he worked there but then later found out he was waiting for the women he was with to shop. He made sure it was secured and then went on his way.

This is how I got it home, an entertaining scene to watch I'm sure, but we both made it home safely.

Sutton mail boxes 002


I'm not sure if I want to refinish the chipped paint or not, I kind of like the roughness of the whole thing. I will however peel off the ugly punched plastic numbers and add older, prettier looking ones. Also, since it has 30 boxes I though it would make a great advent calendar for the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment